- The importance of communication
- What is your main communication style?
- Intercultural communication
- Theories related to intercultural communication
- What does INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCES mean?
- How to develop intercultural competences?
- Cultural adaptation phases
- Time to learn some important phrases!
- External resources
Learn how to communicate and prevent conflicts during your work placement.
We’re sure you know a lot about communication, but take a chance to get more interesting information that may be useful during your mobility.
Communication is present in all areas of our social functioning. This module is devoted to selected aspects of communication like the principles of interpersonal communication useful in building relationships at work, at school as well as in private life. You can find information here from the area of intercultural communication and its meaning in the context of the labour market and its dynamic changes. You may find this module useful during your mobility but also in the preparation stage. This module is divided into two parts:
PART I: Interpersonal communication
PART II: Intercultural communication
By the end of PART I , you will learn:
- about the different communication styles and their consequences,
- how to prevent and solve conflicts,
- how to develop the right way of communicating based on respect for oneself and the others.
By the end of PART II , you will learn:
- intercultural communication
- development of intercultural competences
- how to build awareness of the use of communication skills and intercultural adaptation in the context of work
It will take about 60 minutes to complete this module.
PART I – Interpersonal communication
Have you ever wondered if your way of relating with others is adequate? Have you ever wondered about the consequences of your way of communicating with others? Many people don’t!
Being aware of the different communication styles and related consequences may help you to use the right way of communication and, most of all, it can help you avoid conflicts, problems or misunderstandings.
If your communication style is not functional, it can happen that you kick start negative emotions in those in front of you. In turn it could result in negative situations and conflictual relationships. This module will help you to recognise your relational style and to modulate your responses properly when the person you are talking with has negative a attitude towards you.